Last year Amandish wrapped up this sugar almond recipe, but this year let’s take it up a notch and caramelize some almonds. It’s like christmas in a bag!
All you need:
2 dl of almonds
2 dl of cane sugar
2 dl of water
A pinch of cinnamon
What you gotta do:
- Put all of your ingredients in a thick-bottom pan.
- Heat and stir. Caramel can be tricky to work with, but only if you don’t keep an eye on it.
- Stir until the sugar becomes liquid and until it sticks to the almonds.
- When the caramel sticks to the almonds turn of the heat and pour the almonds onto a plate, a piece of baking sheet or something else that can handle the heat! Use a fork the pick the almonds apart and let it dry.
- Let them cool down and keep them in an airtight bag or jar.